Surya Narayana is an Indian radio jockey who is known for his character ‘Konda Babu’ on TV9 Telugu.
Surya Narayana was born on Monday, 1 April 1991 (age 31 years; as of 2022) in Pasuvullanka, Andhra Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Aries. He pursued a bachelor’s degree in commerce at Government College (Autonomous), Rajahmundry and a master’s degree in commerce at Dr C.S.N. Degree & P.G. College, Bhimavaram.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Surya’s father’s name is not known.
Surya Narayana’s father
His mother’s name is Saraswathi.
Surya Narayana with his mother
In an interview, he said that he had one brother (deceased due to kidney failure).
Wife & Children
Surya is unmarried.
In an interview, he said that he was dating a girl in college.
In 2016, Surya made his debut with the Telugu film Guntur Talkies.
Poster of the film ‘Guntur Talkies’
In 2017, he appeared in the Telugu film, Garuda Vega.
In 2017, he appeared in the web series, Flat No. 706 on YouTube.
Surya Narayana in the web series ‘Flat No. 706’
In 2014, he appeared as a video jockey on the television channel Gemini Comedy. In 2017, he was a mimicry artist on the program ‘Mimicry Mela’ on Sakshi TV.
Surya Narayana in the show ‘Mimicry Mela’ on Sakshi TV
In 2022, he appeared in the Telugu reality show Bigg Boss 6.
Surya Narayana in the Telugu show Bigg Boss 6
In 2013, he started working at Red FM Telugu.
Surya Narayana doing a show on Red FM
He not only conducts shows on the radio but also writes his own scripts. In an interview, he talked about writing scripts and said,
Writing comedy is easy for me because I feel that is the one time I can go ahead and put my thoughts onto the paper as an audience without having to cater to a star or company.”
- His hobbies include travelling and mimicry.
- He left his college while pursuing his master’s because his girlfriend broke up with him. In an interview, he said that he used to feel so angry at that time, and he was afraid he would fight with someone in college.
- After he left college, his friends sent his resume to the Red FM office without telling him. Initially, he was not willing to go for the interview, but later, he thought that he would have a chance to have lunch at a five-star hotel where the audition was to take place. In the interview, he was asked to mimic many celebrities after which he was shortlisted in the top 50 out of 650 people. In 2013, he joined Red FM and started working as a radio jockey in Hyderabad.
- When he moved to Hyderabad, he did not understand the language and slang of the people there, but later, he got used to the culture. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
I was a gold-medalist in mimicry, and that art requires quick -learning and adapting various speech patterns. That helped me in learning the ways of Hyderabad.”
- According to him, he could not afford food when he started living in Hyderabad. He used to participate in mimicry shows to earn small amounts just to buy food.
- He used to miss his home a lot because he faced a lot of problems during the initial days in Hyderabad. In the interview, he further said,
Those eight months were torturous. I would often feel, what am I doing in this far away place. Don’t I have my own people back home etc. I couldn’t fall asleep so I would wander off onto the roads.”
- In an interview, he said that he wanted to do villain roles in movies. He further talked about this and said,
A hero has morals and ethics and he on principle doesn’t beat up anyone else except the villain. But the villain is unhinged. He has no limitations. He can be bad and be so to everyone, the hero, the heroine, their family, everyone! That’s why I want to play a villain.”