Marital Status: Unmarried
Hometown: Andhra Pradesh
Age: 31 Years
|Other Name||Konda Babu The Times of India|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 175 cm
in meters– 1.75 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 9”
Film: Guntur Talkies (2016)
TV: Gemini Comedy (2014) as video jockey
|Date of Birth||1 April 1991 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Pasuvullanka, Andhra Pradesh|
|College/University||• Government College (Autonomous), Rajahmundry
• Dr. C.S.N. Degree & P.G. College, Bhimavaram
|Educational Qualification(s) The Times of India||• Bachelore of Commerce at Government College (Autonomous), Rajahmundry
• Master of Commerce at Dr. C.S.N. Degree & P.G. College, Bhimavaram
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||According to him, he had a relationship with a girl in college. New Indian Express|
Father– Name Not Known
|Siblings||He had one brother who died due to kidney failure.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Surya Narayana
- Surya Narayan is an Indian radio jockey known for working on the radio station Red FM. He gained popularity as Konda Babu, a character on TV9 Telugu.
- While pursuing his master’s, he went through a breakup after which he stopped going to college because he felt sad and angry and thought if he went to college, he would get suspended for beating someone.
- His friends saw hiring in Red FM and sent his resume without telling him. In an interview, he said that he only went for the audition because he thought he would eat lunch at a five-star hotel where the audition was taking place.
- After the audition, he was shortlisted in the top 50 out of 650 people. He performed mimicry of all the celebrities the interviewers asked him to. Later, he got selected for the job and joined Red FM Telugu in Hyderabad.
Surya Narayana doing a show on Red FM
- He not only speaks on the mic but also writes his own scripts. In an interview, he talked about how much he enjoyed writing scripts and said,
Writing comedy is easy for me because I feel that is the one time I can go ahead and put my thoughts onto the paper as an audience without having to cater to a star or company.”
- He did not know how to speak English when he moved to Hyderabad and people there did not understand his slang, but after some time, he learned the culture of Hyderabad and adjusted to the atmosphere. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
I was a gold-medalist in mimicry, and that art requires quick -learning and adapting various speech patterns. That helped me in learning the ways of Hyderabad.”
- Apart from the language barrier, he faced financial problems as well. In an interview, he said that he did not have money to buy food during his early days in Hyderabad so he used to take up mimicry shows for even a significantly less amount.
- In another interview, he said that he used to feel homesick while staying in Hyderabad. In the interview, he further said,
Those eight months were torturous. I would often feel, what am I doing in this far away place. Don’t I have my own people back home etc. I couldn’t fall asleep so I would wander off onto the roads.”
- In 2017, he appeared in the web series titled Flat No. 706 released on YouTube.
Surya Narayana in the web series ‘Flat No. 706’
- In 2017, he joined Sakshi TV as a mimicry artist and hosted the program ‘Mimicry Mela.’
Surya Narayana in the show ‘Mimicry Mela’ on Sakshi TV
- He appeared in the Telugu film Garuda Vega in 2017. In an interview, he said he wanted to do villain roles in movies. He further talked about this and said,
A hero has morals and ethics and he on principle doesn’t beat up anyone else except the villain. But the villain is unhinged. He has no limitations. He can be bad and be so to everyone, the hero, the heroine, their family, everyone! That’s why I want to play a villain.”
- In 2022, he appeared in the Telugu reality show Bigg Boss 6. During his entry into the show, he did mimicry of Nagarjuna, who is the host of the show.
Surya Narayana in the Telugu show Bigg Boss 6
|↑1, ↑2||The Times of India|
|↑3||New Indian Express|