Age: 58 Years
Husband: Harminder Singh Kohli
|Other name||Nilu Kohli Instagram- Nilu Kohli|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 161 cm
in meters– 1.61 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 75 kg
in pounds– 165 lbs
Film: ‘Dil Kya Kare’ (1999) (supporting role)
TV (Punjabi): ‘Nimmo Te Vimmo’
TV (Hindi): ‘Jai Hanuman’ (1997-2000)
|Awards||Won Best Actress Award at Success Stories Awards 2021 Instagram- Nilu Kohli|
|Date of Birth||15 May 1964|
|Age (as of 2022)||58 Years|
|School||Loreto Convent School in Doranda, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
|College/University||Nirmala College in Doranda, Ranchi, Jharkhand The Telegraph|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||19 October 1986|
|Husband/Spouse||Harminder Singh Kohli|
Son– Banveer Kohli
Daughter– Sahiba Kohli
Father– Name not known (Army personnel in British Indian Army)
Mother– Name not known
|Siblings||Brother– Bapti Singh (younger)|
|Drink||Coffee, Tea (earl grey, cardamom)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Neelu Kohli
- Neelu received her first acting offer at a dental clinic when her daughter’s tooth broke and Neelu took her to the dentist. She was cast to act in a TV commercial. Later, she debuted with the Punjabi TV serial ‘Nimmo Te Vimmo.’ She began her acting career at the age of 35.
Neelu Kohli’s photo from the initial days of her marriage
- She worked in theatre plays while studying in school and college.
- She played the role of Nanda Kukku Chabra in the Star Plus’ show ‘Bhabhi’ (2000-2008), which turned out to be a breakthrough for her. She became a household name and was the only actor in the show who appeared in all 1400 episodes of the show.
Neelu Kohli in a still from the TV show ‘Bhabhi’
- She has an episodic appearance in the TV series ‘Aahat’ (1995) and ‘C.I.D.’ (1998).
- Later, she worked in multiple TV shows including ‘Miit’ (2002), ‘Khushiyan’ (2003), ‘Yeh Meri Life Hai’ (2004), ‘Pyaar Ki Kashti Mein’ (2004), ‘Jabb Love Hua’ (2006), and more.
- She has worked in multiple Bollywood films, such as ‘Tapish’ (2000), ‘Tere Liye’ (2001), ‘Style’ (2001), ‘Run’ (2004), ‘Khanna & Iyer’ (2007), and more.
- She likes to meditate and practice yoga.
Neelu Kohli practising yoga at her home
- She considers Guru Gobind Singh, the tenth Sikh Guru, as the hero of her life.
- For over 10 years, she had one cup of coffee and one toast for her breakfast.
- While working on the set of a film or TV show, she likes to have black tea in between takes.
- She has a collection of various types of teas and toothpicks.
- Whenever she visits any foreign country, she purchases souvenirs and fridge magnets.
- She has one regret in her life which is not getting a chance to act in the same frame as actor Irrfan Khan while working in the 2017 film ‘Hindi Medium.’
- Out of acting in Films, television shows, and TV commercials, she enjoys working in TV commercials the most. She has worked for various brands such as Pepsi, Rin, SBI bank, Cream Bell, and more.
- In 2007, she played the role of Parminder Kaur ‘Pammi’ Singh in the romantic film ‘MP3: Mera Pehla Pehla Pyaar.’ She played the role of Nilu Kohli in the 2009 film ‘Luck by Chance’ starring Farhan Akhtar. In the 2010 film ‘Hum Tum Aur Ghost,’ she played the role of Riya. In 2011, she acted in two films titled ‘Patiala House’ and ‘Jaana Pehchana.’
- She was cast to play the role of Mrs Kohli in the 2009 comedy-drama short film ‘Aiyyo Paaji!.’
Neelu Kohli in a still from the 2009 comedy film ‘Aiyyo Paaji!’
- She played the role of Rano Mehta in Sahara One’s 2011 TV show ‘Piya Ka Ghar Pyaara Lage.’ In the 2012 TV serial ‘Madhubala: Ek Ishq Ek Junoon,’ she appeared as Harjeet Kaur. She played the role of Mintakshi Surinder Sareen in the 2014 TV series ‘Shastri Sisters.’ In 2022, she appeared as Anjali Brijmohan Mathur in Star Plus’ TV show ‘Yeh Jhuki Jhuki Si Nazar.’
- In 2017, she appeared in a documentary film based on an all-female Kashmiri rock band, Pragaash.
- She appeared in the Punjabi film ‘Kitty Party’ in 2019.
Neelu Kohli on the Poster of the 2019 Punjabi film ‘Kitty Party’
- In 2019, she played the role of Mrs Sethi in Amazon Prime Video’s web series ‘Made in Heaven.’
- In 2020, she did a thriller short film titled ‘Work from Home,’ directed by Gautam Chaturvedi. In 2021, she did another short film titled ‘House Husband.’
- In 2022, she appeared in a TV mini-series titled ‘Ghar Set Hai.’
- She is popular for playing the role of mother in various films, TV series, and short films, including ‘Romeo Idiot Desi Juliet’ (2020), ‘House Husband’ (2021), ‘Kya Meri Sonam Gupta Bewafa Hai’ (2021), ‘Arranged’ (2022), and more.
Neelu Kohli in a still from the 2022 mini TV series ‘Arranged’
- She was cast to play the role of actor Diljit Dosanjh’s mother in Netlix’s 2022 film ‘Jogi.’
Neelu Kohli in a still from the 2022 film ‘Jogi’
- In an interview, while talking about the film ‘Jogi,’ she shared her memories of the anti-Sikh riots that took place in 1984. She said,
I have very vivid memories about 1984 because my family was really affected. I was in Chandigarh at that time but my parents in Ranchi were riot victims and my dad lost everything in the riots. After his retirement, he had some money with which he started a construction business with his brother and he lost everything. He never recovered after that and subsequently passed away. I felt after the riot, he was sad and had taken a lot on his heart.” Koimoi
- In an interview, she talked about how working on OOT platforms has turned out to be successful for actors like her. She said,
On OTT I am exploring a new myself. I look forward to and enjoy every moment of this phase of my life. This medium is like a dream come true for me. I am a greedy actor for better and good roles. I also want to reach out to the makers and let them know that I am a very dependable actor and I take my work very seriously.” Koimoi
|↑1||Instagram- Nilu Kohli|
|↑2||Instagram- Nilu Kohli|