Hometown: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Age: 53 Years
Wife: Sapna Thakur
|Full name||Mahesh Kishen Thakur Zauba Corp|
|Known for||Playing the role of Anand Pandey in the Bollywood film Hum Saath-Saath Hain|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 178 cm
in meters– 1.78 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 10”
|Career (as an actor)|
Film (Hindi; as a supporting actor): Meri Janeman (1990)
TV: Tu Tu Main Main as Ravi Jaanu Verma on DD Metro (1994)
Film (Bengali; as a lead actor): Game Plan as Akash (2016)
Web series: Modi: Journey of a Common Man as Narendra Modi on Eros Now (2019)
|Founder||Kreative Flight Films Private Limited, a film production company in Mumbai, founded in January 2019|
|Author||“I-Quotes,” published by Popular Prakashan in 2021|
|Date of Birth||1 October 1969 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||53 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|College/University||Mahesh pursued his graduation in India Sound Cloud|
|Educational Qualification||He completed his MBA degree in Panama, Central America Indian Television|
|Religion||Mahesh follows Hinduism, and he is a believer of Sai Baba. The Times of India|
Allegedly cheated of Rs 5.43 crores
In September 2022, Mahesh Thakur filed a complaint at the Oshiwara police station in Mumbai against his lawyer, Mayank Goyal, who belongs to Chandigarh. Reportedly, Mayank was hired by Mahesh to represent him in a legal case of property dispute. Mayank constantly demanded money from Mahesh on account of payment of court fees, filing of petitions, and for other regular court formalities. When Mahesh questioned him about the expenses and the receipt of proceedings, Mayank denied to deliver it and disappeared. As per the sources, Mayank allegedly cheated Mahesh of Rs 5.43 crores. The Mumbai Police registered a complaint against him under sections 420 and 406 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). The Times of India In an interview, on being asked about the details of the fraud, Mahesh replied,
It is a financial fraud but I can’t comment on anything else as the matter is under investigation.” The Times of India
|Relationships & More|
• Aryan Thakur
• Araish Thakur
Father– Kishen M Thakur (b. 1943;d. 1996)
Mother– Name not known
|Playwright||Harold Pinter, a British playwright|
|Actor(s)||Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, and Shah Rukh Khan|
|Director(s)||Lekh Tandon, Ravi Rai, and Rajesh Sethi|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mahesh Thakur
- Mahesh Thakur is an Indian actor, producer, author, and entrepreneur who primarily appears in Hindi television shows and Bollywood films. He is well known for playing the role of Suraj Malhotra in the Hindi television show Shararat on StarPlus (2003) and Anand Pandey in the Bollywood film Hum Saath-Saath Hain (1999).
- Since his college days, Mahesh took part in various college plays and drama competitions. Some of his theatrical productions include Tota Maina Ki Kahani, which was staged in Dubai, Dil Chahta Hai, and Made For Each Other.
Mahesh Thakur in his young age
- While completing his post-graduation in Panama, Mahesh developed an interest in acting. To give acting a try, he shifted to India in the early 1990s. Indian Television In an interview, Mahesh talked about his interest in acting and said,
I am here for the sheer love of acting. I was brought up in Panama, Central America and came to India for acting and after a few not-so-successful films, I dabbled with theatre and began acting in TV series,” The Indian Express
- In 1995, Mahesh gained popularity in the television industry when he appeared as Avinash in the show Sailaab on Zee TV.
Mahesh Thakur in a still from the television show Sailaab
- In 1999, Mahesh shot to fame when he appeared in the Bollywood film Hum Saath-Saath Hain in which he played the role of Anand Pandey.
Mahesh Thakur in a still from the Bollywood film Hum Saath-Saath Hain
- Mahesh has appeared in a few television shows like Shararat as Suraj Malhotra on StarPlus (2003), Sasural Genda Phool as Kamal Kishore Bajpai (2010) on StarPlus, and Udaan as Colonel Yashvant Bedi on Colors TV (2018).
Mahesh Thakur in a still from the television show Shararat
- In 2004, Mahesh got the chance to share the screen space with Bollywood actress, Sridevi, in the show Malini Iyer in which he played the role of Pankaj Sabharwal. In an interview, on being asked about his experience of working with Sridevi in the show Malini Iyer, Mahesh said,
She used to give all her time to her work and rehearsals. Until I wasn’t satisfied with my own rehearsal, she would never say, let’s start shooting. With her, it was all about teamwork. She was very graceful in everything she would do. There was no ego in her. It was a fantastic experience working with her.” The Times of India
Mahesh Thakur in a still from the television show Malini Iyer
- Mahesh appeared in a few Bollywood films like Humko Deewana Kar Gaye as Robby Kohli (2006), Aashiqui 2 as Saigal (2013), Jai Ho as Rehaan (2014), and Velle as Ravikant Agarwal (2021).
Mahesh Thakur in a still from the Bollywood film Aashiqui 2
- In 2017, Mahesh appeared in the television show Dil Boley Oberoi in which he played the role of Tej Singh Oberoi on StarPlus. Mahesh, for the first time in his career, played an antagonist in the show Dil Boley Oberoi. The Times of India
Mahesh Thakur in a still from the television show Dil Boley Oberoi
- In November 2018, Mahesh was invited as a guest speaker by Brian Cantor, the Vice Chancellor of the University of Bradford, at the Oberoi Hotel in Mumbai.
Mahesh Thakur was invited as a guest speaker for an event at the Oberoi Hotel, Mumbai
- On 11 December 2019, Mahesh joined his company, Kreative Flight Films Private Limited, as a director. Zauba Corp
- In 2021, Mahesh appeared in the television show Mere Sai: Shraddha Aur Saburi in which he portrayed the character of Govind Dabholkar, who scripted the book “Shree Sai Satcharitra,” on Sony TV. In an interview, Mahesh talked about his experience of portraying the character of Govind Dabholkar and said,
It is an honour for me to be a part of such a magnificent show. I will be portraying the role of Govind Dabholkar, who known for penning the Padyapankti about Sai Baba. My character, Govind Dabholkar, comes from a poor background but manages to achieve success on his own and works as a clerk, for which he is well respected in society.” The Tribune
- On 10 June 2021, Abhinav Immigration Services announced Mahesh as the brand ambassador and associate for the self-employed immigration program of the institute. Abhinav Immigration Services
- In an interview, when Mahesh was asked about the happiest moment in his career, he revealed that acting in a Rajshri film, Hum Saath-Saath Hain, was a dream come true for him. Indian Television
- Mahesh was invited to a TEDx conference event at Goswami Ganesh Dutta Sanatan Dharma College in Chandigarh (2020) and Daulat Ram College in New Delhi (2022).
- Mahesh Thakur has appeared in a few commercials for popular brands like Lays featuring Ranbir Kapoor, Muthoot Finance featuring Amitabh Bachchan, Vicks, Kingfisher, Ensure, ICICI bank, Manyavar, and Kayam Churan.
|↑1, ↑11||Zauba Corp|
|↑3, ↑7, ↑14||Indian Television|
|↑4||The Times of India|
|↑5||The Times of India|
|↑6||The Times of India|
|↑8||The Indian Express|
|↑9||The Times of India|
|↑10||The Times of India|
|↑13||Abhinav Immigration Services|