Kishore Kumar G is an Indian actor who primarily appears in Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam, and Telugu films. He gained recognition for portraying the character of Veerappan in the Kannada film Attahasa in 2013.
Kishore Kumar Huli was born on Wednesday, 14 August 1974 (age 48 years; as of 2022) in Channapatna, Karnataka, India. His zodiac sign is Leo. Kishore attended St Teresa’s School in Kunigal and Sri Siddhartha High School in Kunigal, Tumakuru district, Karnataka. In 1996, he enrolled himself to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry at the National College, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru. In 2000, Kishore completed his masters in Kannada literature at Bangalore University, Bangalore, Karnataka.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Salt & Pepper (semi-bald)
Eye Colour: Black
Kishore Kumar G belongs to a family of farmers.
Parents & Siblings
Kishore’s father was a lecturer at Government College in Bangalore, and his mother was a homemaker.
Wife & Children
In 1999, Kishore got married to Vishalakshi Padmanabhan.
Kishore Kumar G with his wife
She is a s the co-founder of Buffalo Back Collective, which aims at providing fresh vegetables through its stores in Bengaluru. They both studied at the National College, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru, but Kishore was a senior to Vishalakshi. Together, they have two sons, Vaali and Rudra.
Kishore Kumar G’s wife, Vishalakshi, along with her kids
Kishore’s paternal uncle, D. R. Nagraj, was an author and a political commentator.
Picture of D. R. Nagraj
Before pursuing his career in acting, Kishore worked as a lecturer for Kannada literature at Sharda College in Bengaluru, where he served for a period of two years. In an interview, Kishore revealed that his teaching approach was not liked by the college faculty and said,
I believe you don’t need to teach literature; you discuss it and look at it from different perspectives. Of course, the management didn’t appreciate my approach, and by then I landed two films. I quit before they could throw me out.”
Assistant Fashion Designer
Kishore left his job as a lecturer and started working as an assistant to the fashion designer Vidyasagar, who was a professor at the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT).
In 2004, Kishore made his acting debut with the Kannada film Kanti in which he played the role of Beera.
Poster of the Kannada film Kanti
In 2006, Kishore made his Telugu debut with the film Happy in which he played the role of ACP Rathnam.
Poster of the Telugu film Happy
In 2007, he made his Tamil debut with the film Polladhavan as Selvam.
Kishore Kumar G in a still from the Tamil film Polladhavan
In 2012, Kishore made his Malayalam debut with the film Thiruvambadi Thamban in which he played the role of Shakthivel.
Poster of the Malayalam film Thiruvambadi Thamban
In 2013, Kishore shot to fame when he portrayed the role of Veerappan in the Kannada film Attahasa.
Kishore Kumar G in a still from the Kannada film Attahasa
In 2022, Kishore made headlines when he appeared in two films, as a forest officer in the Kannada film Kantara and as Ravidasan in the Tamil film Ponniyin Selvan: I.
Kishore Kumar G in a still from the Kannada film Kantara
Kishore Kumar G owns a production house, Visthaara.
In April 2019, Kishore made his digital debut with the Telugu web series High Priestess as Vikram on Zee5.
Kishore Kumar G in a still from the Telugu web series High Priestess
In September 2019, he appeared in the Hindi web series The Family Man in which he played the role of Imran Pasha on Mazon Prime Video.
In 2020, Kishore played the role of Ram in the Telugu web series Addham on Aha. In 2022, he appeared as Nayak in the Hindi web series She season 2 on Netflix. In an interview, Kishore revealed that he was not auditioned for the role of Nayak, rather it was his video related to farming, which made Imtiaz Ali, the director of the web series, select him for the role. He said,
Imtiaz Ali had never seen my work before. On a YouTube channel he saw a video of me doing farming. Seeing him, he felt that the hero he was looking for, Maybe I can handle that.
- 2004: Karnataka State Film Award for Best Supporting Actor for the Kannada film Kanti
- 2005: Best Actor in a Supporting Role Award for the Kannada film Rakshasa at the Karnataka State Film Awards
- 2022: Best Actor in a Negative Role Award for the Hindi web series She season 2 at OTT Play Awards
Kishore Kumar G posing with his Best Actor in a Negative Role Award at OTT Play Awards
- In an interview, Kishore recalled a memory of his school time, when he performed for the first time in a school play and said,
My first tryst with acting was in a school play when I was 11 years old. I studied at St Teresa’s School in Kunigal. One of my teachers, Josephine, who was pretty fond of me, forcefully made me act in a play. She chose me because I was good at memorising lines (my ability to memorise also ensured that I was among the top four ranks in class). In that play, I essayed the role of a marriage broker, who had to use devious means to get marriages fixed.”
- While studying at the National College in Bengaluru, Kishore participated in various stage plays like Teregalu and Samrat Ashoka.
- Before beginning his career as an actor, Kishore also worked as a salesman for newspapers like Deccan Herald and Prajavani.
- Kishore owns a farm at Kari Kaadu Thota, near the Bannerghatta Biological Park in Bengaluru, where he practises organic farming with his wife. In an interview, Kishore revealed that during the lockdown amid Covid-19, he spent his time doing farming and said,
I spent the lockdown devoted to full-fledged farming. Not much of it is carefully planned, as I am trying to make sense of what grows well there. We did, however, try our hand at growing green gram, cow pea, paddy and ragi, among others.
- According to Kishore, had he not become an actor, he would be a farmer or a writer. In an interview, he talked about his interest in farming and literature and said,
If I was not acting, I would have done farming, which I am still doing. I had a passion for literature, so my interest has been in writing, at this time I am also writing a film with a friend of mine.
- Kishore believes in the philosophy of Jiddu Krishnamurti, who was a philosopher, speaker, and writer.
- In April 2013, Kishore’s Kannada film, Attahasa, was selected to premiere at ASEAN International Film Festival in Kuching, Malaysia.
- In an interview, Kishore talked about how he developed his interest in farming and said,
Acting is just one part of my life; I took to natural farming in a big way while in college. I developed a love for farming when I went to live with my grandfather in his village some time ago. He single-handedly cultivated the field with minimal external intervention. I spent a lot of time observing his techniques and understood the importance of why man must give back to nature and strike an ecological balance.”
- In September 2022, it was reported that Kishore would make his Bollywood debut with the film Red Collar, directed by Chandrashekar Bandiyappa.