Mother: Supriya Raina Shukla
Hometown: Delhi, India
Age: 26 Years
|Profession(s)||Actress and Blogger|
|Famous Role||‘Karishma’ in the television series Karishma Ka Karishma in 2003|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 163 cm
in meters– 1.63 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 4”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Film: Kal Ho Na Ho (2003)
TV: Karishma Ka Karishma (2003)
|Date of Birth||24 January 1996 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||26 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|College/University||• NMIMS Global, Mumbai, Maharashtra
• Deccan College Post-Graduate and Research Institute, Pune, Maharashtra
• Bhavans College, Mumbai, Maharashtra
|Educational Qualification||• Master of Business Administration (MBA) at NMIMS Global, Mumbai, Maharashtra
• Master’s degree in Ancient indian history research and Archaeology from Deccan College Post-Graduate and Research Institute, Pune, Maharashtra
• Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in History at Bhavans College, Mumbai, Maharashtra
|Relationships & More|
Father– Haril Shukla (documentary filmmaker)
Mother– Supriya Shukla (actress)
|Siblings||Sister– Damia Shukla|
Uncle– Prashant Raina
Aunt(s)– Surbhi Raina and Mukti Shukla Raghuvansh
Maternal Grand Mother– Sunita Raina
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jhanak Shukla
- Jhanak Shukla is a former Indian child artist and a lifestyle blogger. She is known for playing the role of ‘Karishma’ in Karishma Kaa Karishma in 2003.
- Jhanak Shukla was born in New Delhi; however, when she was six years old, her family shifted to Mumbai. According to her, her parents met in 1992 when her mother was working in a serial named Tanhai aired on Doordarshan, and soon, they got married.
A childhood picture of Jhanak Shukla
- In 2000, Jhanak Shukla was a part of the children’s television series Son Pari as Princy. In 2003, she appeared as Karishma in the lead role in the Hindi television series Karishma Kaa Karishma, which was a remake of Small Wonder, the 1980s American TV series. In the same year, she appeared in the children’s television series Hatim as little Jasmine.
Jhanak Shukla in a still from the television serial Karishma Ka Karishma in 2003
- In 2002, Jhanak Shukla was cast in the Malayalam serial Aalipazham, which means the hailstone. According to Jhanak, she played the main character of a dumb girl in this Malayalam serial, and the serial was picturised in Trivandrum, where she had to go for the shoot.
- Jhanak Shukla was four years old when she walked the ramp for Aquafina.
- In 2003, Jhanak Shukla made her Bollywood debut with the film Kal Ho Na Ho starring Shah Rukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan, and Preity Zinta. In the film, she played the role of ‘Gia Kapur,’ the adopted daughter of Jenny Kapur, played by Jaya Bachchan.
Jhanak Shukla in a still from the film Kal Ho Na Ho
- In 2006, Jhanak Shukla appeared in the film Deadline: Sirf 24 Ghante along with the Indian actors with Rajit Kapoor, Konkona Sen Sharma, and Irrfan Khan and played the role of Anishka Goenka, a kidnapped daughter of Rajit Kapoor and Konkona Sen Sharma. In the same year, she made her Hollywood debut with the film One Night with the King.
Jhanak Shukla (holding a doll) in a still from the picture Deadline Sirf 24 Ghante
- According to Jhanak Shukla, her last assignment was the television serial Son Pari. She quit the serial after working on it for six months. Later, she rejected many acting assignments as she wanted to focus on her studies, and she got fed up with acting. In an interview with a media reporter, she said,
My last serial was Sonpari. I shot for this for six months only. I was growing up and they needed a small girl. I did a few ads after Sonpari and then I gave up acting. I was in the sixth standard and I wanted to study so I just stopped taking any more assignments. I did not want to pursue acting as a career. I got fed up actually.”
Jhanak Shukla in a still from the television serial Son Pari
- Apart from being a child actor, Jhanak Shukla also worked as a model for many commercial brands and their advertisements such as for ‘ICICI.’ According to Jhanak, she used to go with her mother when her mother was shooting for some commercial advertisements, and once, the director Pradeep Sarkar saw Jhanak and called her for an audition. She dis an ICICI advertisement when she was five years old.
- Jhanak Shukla then appeared in a music video with Parikrama (band).
- In 2012, Jhanak Shukla was a part of ‘Gumrah: End of Innocence,’ a reality-based crime thriller show.
- According to some media sources, in 2005, Jhanak Shukla was chosen to play the role of young Rani Mukerji in Sanjay Leela Bhansali‘s film Black and was the first choice of the filmmakers. However, she refused to be a part of the film as she was working on the television series ‘Karishma Kaa Karishma’ and the issue of dates was the main reason for opting out.
- In March 2021, in a media conversation, Jhanak Shukla stated that she wanted to move to New Zealand to work in a museum as an architect and to live a peaceful life there. She added that she was in her mid-twenties and not earning yet. She said,
When I was young, I used to think when I’ll be 24 I’ll be earning a lot, and I’d be settled and married. I’m 25 and I’m not earning anything. My retirement has already begun, my parents say that because I don’t work as such.”
- From February 2022 to May 2022, she worked at ‘Fidelitus Gallery’ in Bengaluru, Karnataka as an Art Gallery Manager.
- In July 2022, Jhanak Shukla founded her own venture named ‘Roomaal, which primarily produces and sells handkerchiefs, organic soaps, quirky bookmarks, and face masks.
A poster of Jhanak’s venture Roomaal
- In 2019, Jhanak Shukla appeared in four short films Bol Ke Lab Azaad Hain Tere, Father’s Day Tribute, Maa Hoon Main, and U-Turn produced and directed by her parents.
The poster of the short film U-Turn
- Once, in an interview with a media house, Jhanak talked about her love for history for which she quit acting. She stated that she had developed a strong love for history and wanted to work as an archaeologist. She said,
My parents told me to finish graduation and then take up acting. But by that time I had developed a strong love for history. Acting ka shauk hai but I chose history over acting.”