Bellamkonda Ganesh is an Indian actor and producer who predominantly works in the Telegu entertainment industry. In October 2022, He came into the limelight after marking his debut in the Telegu film Swathi Muthyam in which he played the lead role of Bala Murali Krishna.
Ganesh Babu Bellamkonda was born on 14 September in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India. His zodiac sign is Libra. Ganesh has been fascinated by the entertainment industry since childhood. In 2016, Ganesh shifted to Mumbai to pursue his career in acting. Later, after moving to Mumbai, he joined a drama school there. Subsequently, he pursued a course at the New York Film Academy, Los Angeles, California.
Ganesh Bellamkonda’s commencement ceremony image at the New York Film Academy, Los Angeles
In an interview, he talked about his career and said,
I wanted to be an actor since childhood. I took it seriously in 2016 and pursued an acting course in Mumbai in 2017. Later on, I went to the US to learn the nuances of acting and started listening to movie stories from 2019. Swathimuthyam happened in 2022.
a childhood image of Ganesh Bellamkonda
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Ganesh Bellamkonda belongs to a Telegu family in Andhra Pradesh.
Parents & Siblings
Ganesh Bellamkonda’s father, Bellamkonda Suresh, is a renowned film producer in the Tamil entertainment industry. Ganesh Bellamkonda’s mother, Bellamkonda Padma, is a homemaker. Ganesh Bellamkonda’s elder brother, Bellamkonda Sreenivas, is an actor in the Tamil entertainment industry.
Ganesh Bellamkonda with his family
Ganesh Bellamkonda and his brother Bellamkonda Suresh’s childhood image
Ganesh Bellamkonda and his elder brother, Suresh Bellamkonda
Wife & Children
As of 2022, Bellamkonda Ganesh is unmarried.
As an actor
On October 2o22, Bellamkonda Ganesh made his acting debut with the Telugu film Swathi Muthyam in which he played the lead role of Bali Murali Krishna. In a media interview, Ganesh Bellamkonda talked about the film and said that Swathi Muthyam’s director, Lakshman K Krishna, was his mutual friend. Further, he spoke about the Telegu film and explained,
Swathi Muthyam’ has got something new. We made this film with the conviction that it will click with the audience. This film is a situational comedy. You will leave the audience with a smile on your face. There is no vulgarity anywhere. Right from the start, nowhere is the film embarrassing. It’s a clean family entertainer. It’s great to act alongside the likes of Rao Ramesh garu and VK Naresh garu in my very first film. It was a very good experience. Acting is about how the other one reacts to our performance. Acting with talented artists improved my timing.”
Ganesh Bellamkonda and Varsha Bollamma as Bala Murali Krishna and Bhagyalakshmi in the poster of the Telegu film Swathi Muthyam (2022)
As a producer
In 2010, Ganesh started working as a producer with his father’s production house ‘Sri Sai Ganesh Productions.’ The same year, he made his debut production with the Telegu film Sambo Siva Sambho. Subsequently, he appeared in various Telegu films like Bus Stop Lovers Adda (2012), Tadakha (2013), Rabhasa (2014), and Alludu Seenu (2014).
A poster of the Telegu film Bus Stop Lovers Adda (2012)
- Actor: Daggubati venkatesh
- According to Ganesh Bellamkonda, he didn’t want to mark his debut in his own production house. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
I always wanted to get launched in another banner. And I got a wonderful opportunity to be launched in Sithara. They are making a lot of family entertainers. I also knew Vamshi since a long time.
- Before venturing into movie production, Ganesh Bellamkonda’s father, Bellamkonda Suresh, worked as an assistant cameraman. In a media interview, Ganesh Bellamkonda talked about the hardship his family had faced and said that his family used to live in a rented flat. He quoted,
My mother brought me up as a grounded person. My father, Bellamkonda Suresh, was not born rich. He made money through sheer hard work. Till my Standard VI, we used to live in a small rented house. My father started producing movies with passion. If he starts making movies again, I will be the first one to feel happy.”
- In 2018, Ganesh Bellamkonda worked as an actor with Universal Studios, the world’s most significant film and television production company.
An Instagram post of Ganesh Bellamkonda in which he shared about Universal Studios
- According to Ganesh Bellamkonda, he was acquainted with the entertainment industry since his teenage days and used to work for his father’s production house. Later, in 2017, he joined an acting class in Mumbai to learn the nuances of acting. In an interview, while talking about this, Ganesh Bellamkonda said,
Movie sets are not new to me. I also oversee production in our banner. I liked the environment of shoots and movies are my first love. So grabbed the acting opportunity. Only thing that was new to me was facing a camera. I was into acting classes and I know how to act in a midshot and closeup and how to show different variations in acting. So the shoot has been a pleasant experience for me.”
- In an interview, Ganesh Bellamkonda said that working in the Tamil director’s S. S. Rajamouli film is his dream.
- As per some media houses, Ganesh’s debut film, Swathi Muthyam’s story was similar to the Hindi film Vicky Donor; however, Ganesh denied the rumours and said,
Both are not related. Maybe the sperm donation can be common, but everything is new. It’s just there for 10 mins and rest is a different story. So, please don’t draw any parallels.”
- Ganesh Bellamkonda is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog named Dino. Ganesh often posts pictures on social media with Dino.
A selfie shared by Ganesh Bellamkonda with his pet dog Dino
- Ganesh Bellamkonda has a passion for cooking. He is also seen posting his cooking photos and videos on Instagram.
An Instagram post made by Ganesh Bellamkonda’s brother, Srinivas Bellamkonda, describing Ganesh’s passion for cooking dishes
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.
An Instagram story of Ganesh Bellamkonda describing his food habit