Height: 5′ 8″
Age: 44 Years
Hometown: Puri, Odisha
|Full name||Anil Kumar Gochikar|
|Other name||Anil Gochhikar|
|Profession||Body Builder, Security Personnel|
|Famous for||Being the Bahubali Sevayat of Lord Jagannath|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 172 cm
in meters– 1.72 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 70 kg
in pounds– 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 52 Inches
– Waist: 43 Inches
– Biceps: 20 Inches
|Date of Birth||7 June 1978 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||44 Years|
|Birthplace||Harchandi Sahi, Puri, Odisha, India|
|Hometown||Harchandi Sahi, Puri, Odisha, India|
|Educational Qualification||Law Graduate|
|Religion||Hinduism Dainik Bhaskar|
|Caste||Brahmin Pandit Dainik Bhaskar|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian Dainik Bhaskar|
|Controversy||In January 2022, Anil staged a dharna near the Puri Collector office along with his mother accusing the administration of forcibly evicting them from their buildings near the Jagannath Temple without paying compensation. According to Anil, their building was demolished forcefully, while the case was still pending in the Orissa High Court. Daily Pioneer|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
Father– Harihar Gochhikar
Mother– Swarnalata Gochhikar
|Siblings||Brother– Damodar Gochhikar (Sunil Gochhikar) (bodybuilder)|
|Bike Collection||Royal Enfield Classic 500|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anil Gochikar
- Anil Gochikar is an Indian bodybuilder who represented India at the international level. He is a 7-time Mr. Odisha, 3-time Eastern India champion, and 4-time Mr. India winner. He is a ‘Pratihari’ (servitor) of the Puri Jagannath temple.
- He was born and raised in Harchandi Sahi, Puri, Odisha, India.
A childhood photo of Anil Gochikar with his brother
- He started attending akharas at a very young age.
- His family has been serving as servitors to Puri Jagannath temple for many generations.
- In an interview, he said that he was vegetarian and revealed his daily diet that includes 4 to 5 liters of milk, 2 to 2.5 kg of fruits, and 500 gm of cheese.
- He learned the skills of bodybuilding from his brother Damodar Gochikar, who is a national-level bodybuilder.
- In 2009, Anil started doing workouts in the gym, and in 2010, his brother, Damodar Gochikar, opened a gym named Gochhikar Life Style – GYM in Puri, where Anil Gochikar started toning his body.
- In an interview, Anil talked about his brother, Damodar Gochikar, who inspired him to learn the skills of bodybuilding, and said,
My brother is my hero. He is a true fighter and a perfect all rounder. He was a champion when he was on stage. Even when he quit bodybuilding and took up family responsibilities he continues to rock. Since day one, he has been my guide, my mentor, my friend, everything. It is under his guidance, I learnt all about body building. He still continues to coach me and he will always be there for me. I know this for sure.”
- His father, Harihar Gochhikar, runs a hotel named Hotel Gochikar in Puri, Odisha.
- In 2006, his father passed away, and Anil had to bear the responsibilities of the family along with his brother. Reportedly, after their father’s demise, there was a property dispute in the family that prompted both brothers to earn law degrees.
- In 2012, he participated in Mr. Odisha 50th Senior State Body Building Championship; it was his first participation in a bodybuilding event. Reportedly, he had to undergo exhaustive running to shed 400 g of his body weight to participate in the event as the required body weight limit was 65 kg, while Anil weighed 65.4 kg at that time. He won gold in the event.
- In 2012, 2013, and 2014, he won gold in Mr. India Bodybuilding Competition consecutively.
- In 2012, he earned the title of ‘Emerged Champion of Champions’ in the 70kg weight category at the 12th Eastern & North Eastern India Bodybuilding Championship, held in Bhubaneswar.
- In 2014, he won bronze in the 70kg weight category at the World Bodybuilding Championship, held in Mumbai.
- In 2016, he won gold in an international bodybuilding competition, held in Dubai.
Anil Gochikar with his trophy in Dubai
- In an interview, he talked about the disappointments that he felt when no government officials congratulated him on his achievements and the lack of support from them. He said,
The most saddening, frustrating and bothering part about this journey has been the lack of support and resources. All these years I have been doing things on my own. It is my family and solely them who have struggled to get me here. The government, association or the council, no one has ever stepped forward to assist or support us. I bought Odisha its first ever Silver at the Federation Cup in Ludhiana in 65 kg category. I did not receive any appreciation for it. Even after I won the International India 2016, I did not receive even a call from the authorities to at least congratulate me. They did not even support me to go and participate in that competition. This has been so consistent. They never respond, do not support, do not appreciate, absolutely nothing and this is with every athlete and not just me. This is the biggest setback for us. This is a costly profession. If there is no support, sooner or later, the athletes will get frustrated and walk out of this.”
- In 2017, he became the winner at Mr. Odisha Senior State Bodybuilding Championship.
Anil Gochikar with his trophy of Mr. Odisha Senior State Bodybuilding Championship
- In the same year, he won the title of Mr India in the 65 kg weight category at the 10th Senior National Body-building Championship, held in Gurugram, Haryana.
Anil Gochikar receiving the trophy of the 10th Senior National Body-building Championship
- In 2018, he won gold at Mr. Odisha Senior State Bodybuilding Championship and silver at Mr. India 2018 Championship.
Anil Gochikar at Mr. India 2018 Championship
- In 2019, he won gold in the 70kg weight category at Mr. India 2019 Championship.
- In 2020, a photo went viral in which Anil and his brother were spotted pulling the Rath during the Jagannath Rath Yatra.
Anil Gochikar pulls chariot during annual Lord Jagannath rath yatra in Puri, Odisha
- In an interview, he talked about serving Lord Jagannath and said,
What is the use of having this body if it does not come in the service of the Lord?”
- Anil Gochikar considers himself a pure vegetarian who never consumes alcohol and tobacco products.
|↑1, ↑2, ↑3||Dainik Bhaskar|